Saturday, January 09, 2010

Well that was weird! We met with the psychologist last night and it was pretty strange. One of us had an interview while the other completed paper tests. In the interview we had to answer questions that we have answered a LOT of times before, what led you to this point, what is your family like, how did you feel growing up...

The odd part was doing the paper tests! The statements we had to rate or say true/false to ranged from interesting to very strange:

I am friendly. I feel like smashing things right now. I like to be organised. I have flown over the Atlantic 30 times this year. I get annoyed easily. People need special skills to understand my extraordinary talents. I control my temper. I don't think my drinking or drug taking is effecting my job.

Just an example of the hundreds we had to complete!! We're not sure we would have got this far is the majority of what we read was true for us, but just another hoop to jump through! We had to laugh at the bizarre ones, but having so many questions to answer, you do start to worry that you are answering them wrong!!

We are meeting with her again next week for a joint interview, after which she will compile an extensive report which we can add to our other papers. We are waiting still for our doctors reports to be completed. We hope they understand that they are urgent and need to get sorted soon.

While talking to the psychologist I realised that even when our papers are done (again!) and sent, if we are waiting more than a year to be matched with a child, several documents will have to be renewed. I really hope we are not waiting too long as the paper chase can be quite tiring, never really feeling like you are there, finished, done, and just waiting.

Thanks to our good friends who provided us with another memento of our journey so far, a llama to celebrate our papers getting sent! Thanks xx


Will let you know when our medicals are done, or how it goes with the psychologist next week, which ever comes first!




No comments: